Saturday, May 5, 2012

Nesting....

The full-blown nesting instinct has kicked in.  I was beginning to wonder whether or not it was going to.  I woke up today feeling better than I have in MONTHS.  I have had energy all day, and very little pain.  Praise God!  Since Ron will be working pretty much non-stop for the next five months, it's good that I'm getting caught up because I will have very little help!  I am very proud of my accomplishments for the day.  I have the laundry nearly caught up.  I know this doesn't really show how much of a feat this is....so let me elaborate.  Imagine a mountain of dirty laundry that consists of about 15 full loads for the washer.  Yes.  It was nearly as tall as I am.  I also washed my cabinets with Murphy's Oil Soap.  I haven't done that in over a year.  I rescrubbed the bathroom.  I swept all the floors and re-mopped the kitchen.  I am on a roll.

Thanks to my sister, Kaci, my house looks better than it has in a long time.  Bless her soul, she drove the two hours (or more, since she had my niece with her), all the way over here just to help me.  I really owe her one!  Forget Aunt Bea!  I don't need her anymore! 

Leroy now has a place to sleep, and clean clothes to wear.  I think I may have been a tad in denial about the fact that a baby is going to be in our home again.  Which is probably why he still doesn't have a real name, and why I have waited till the last second to get things ready for him.  In my dream the other night, I saw his little face and his beautiful eyes.  This kicked my rear-end in gear.  I'm so grateful that we have been blessed with another baby.  Yes, we are still getting the "bless your hearts" and looks of "are you crazy."  Honestly, our hearts HAVE been blessed!  Children are a gift.  I pray that I can be a good mommy to all three of my angels.  I am scared to death though!  

I fail so many times with my own kids, and often wonder if I show them correctly the love and support that I so desperately hope to show.  Mostly, I just want to raise my babies to love Christ.  If thats the only thing I ever teach them, I think it will be enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment