Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hormones

Hormones have completely taken over my body. I have absolutely NO control over them and it is driving me nuts. My kids are stretching every ounce of patience I have. I think they know that I am going to break at any second. It's like they have some sort of Spidey-sense they acquire especially for my moments of weakness, and they think it's funny to antagonize me.  It’s not just them. My sweet babies at school were driving me crazy too. Every little bitty thing gets on my nerves. As much as I hated doing it, I have taken off for the remainder of the pregnancy. Which, by the way, is no more than nine days from now!! Since my doctor will be leaving the country on my due date, we decided to induce on the 26th. It’s not how I want to go into labor, due to the extra strain on the baby, but I love my doctor and trust her to deal with the medical issues I have.

Tonight was my nephew’s graduation from pre-K. Addie Mae decided she was going to be the worst behaved child in the building. I actually had to drag her to the car kicking and screaming. I was ready to sit down in the middle of the parking lot and have a big ol’ cry. My normal, rational, non-gigantically pregnant self would have picked her up, toted her to the car, spanked her little bottom, fastened her in her seat, turned on the radio, and ignored her until we got home. Unfortunately, that is not how it played out. Instead, since I can’t pick her up, I drug her by the arm, forced her into her seat, and then after I was in the car I entered into a screaming match. With a three year old. Wow. I really feel like super mom now.

She was asleep before we got home.

I know my husband is probably grateful that he started working out of town this week. I love him so very much. He was making me crazy too. I actually felt like punching his face. (Sorry honey.) He has to be happier away from the hormones. I know I would be!

Hopefully, very soon my hormones will be back to normal, and I will be nice again.

No comments:

Post a Comment